Proudly Serving Those Who Valiantly Serve Us
The Finest FCU is unique in that fact that it is the only financial institution in New York chartered specifically to serve the needs of all New York Police Department’s and its affiliates.
Chartered in 2015, The Finest Federal Credit Union evolved from the vision of a group of retired NYPD officers They believed their fellow officers should receive the best financial services in the marketplace. Services that are tailored to the special needs of our law enforcement officers and affiliated departments. These services will focus on New York Law Enforcement and their families.
Regarding the formation of the credit union, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio praised the Finest FCU for serving police officers that take unique risks due to the nature of their job.
“It is common for peace officer organizations to establish specialized credit unions that provide savings, lending and insurance products that meet their special needs,” de Blasio said. “I am pleased to learn that a specialized credit union, the Finest Federal Credit Union, is being established for that purpose.”
Our mission is to serve the financial needs of the law enforcement personnel that make up our “Field of Membership”. Our goal is help them and their families realize their life’s goals. We will fulfill our mission by providing our membership with competitive and uniquely tailored financial products and services that facilitate borrowing, promote thrift, and encourage wise money management.
The Credit Union Difference
- Not-for-profit financial cooperative
- Savings are always passed on through low-fee services, lower loan rates, and higher deposit yields
- Volunteer board of directors elected from among the membership
- Members share equally in the profits and rewards.
What we do for our Police Family
- Fill a market void by providing dedicated, personalized and diverse financial services to the NYPD brotherhood and the forty (40) plus non law enforcement agencies in the State of New York.
- Believe in offering services “From Rookie through Retirement Program”. We will offer consistent services from “paperwork day” to retirement and beyond.
- Offer unique and groundbreaking benefits to members; including:
- “The Finest Loan Forgiveness Program“ for members killed in the line of duty
- College Scholarships for children whose parent is killed in the line of duty
- Free financial services for life for remaining family members