The Finest Federal Credit Union(FCU) is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution that is owned by its members, who are law enforcement employees in New York State, New York State law enforcement retirees, and their families. We are dedicated to helping our members improve their financial lives. As a not-for-profit organization, all proceeds benefit members in the form of lower loan interest rates and better returns on savings. The credit union offers a full array of lending, savings, checking and wealth management services to meet your banking and financial needs. At The Finest Federal Credit Union, your money is safe and secure . Your deposit accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) for up to $250,000.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership in The Finest Federal Credit Union is open to employees and retirees (Uniform & Civilian) of federal, state, county and municipal agencies or departments engaged in the police protection industry who work in the State of New York, which includes the following:
- Government criminal investigation offices
- Police departments
- Drug enforcement agencies
- FBI and federal police services
- Highway patrols
- Government marshals’ offices
- Sheriffs’ and constables’ office (except court functions)
- Emergency dispatch departments
- State police
- Park police
- Correctional facilities
- Transportation security agencies
INDIVIDUALS ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP ALSO INCLUDE:
Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union, employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate family or household; and organizations of such persons.
*Excludes courts, prosecution offices, parole offices or fire departments
HOW TO JOIN
It’s easy to join. Simply open a savings account with a deposit of $5.00. This becomes your “share” in the credit union and establishes you as a member of our cooperative financial institution.
Learn more about how to join The Finest Federal Credit Union by contacting us today.
NEW MEMBER INFORMATION
Thank you for becoming a member of The Finest Federal Credit Union. In order to activate your membership, you need to fund the account with a $5.00 par value deposit, which can be accomplished in various ways (see below). Please see listed below some of the ways in which you can utilize your new account:
- You can set up either part of or your full NYC payroll to be deposited into your credit union account (contact us for more information).
- You can stop by our branch at 215 Park Row, Suite 2, New York, NY 10038 and make a deposit (or withdrawal). Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and we also have a 24-hour drop box.
- We have over 5,600 shared branches on the CO-OP network—find the nearest location here.
- You can use your Finest FCU debit card “surcharge free” at any ATM on the CO-OP network. This includes most 7-Elevens and McDonalds. Please let us know if you didn’t receive a card.
- You can complete and sign the A2A Electronic Bank Transfer form that is part of your welcome package. This will enable you to make electronic transfers to and from our credit union. Once you complete & sign the form, please fax it back to the credit union at (646) 661-1093 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our main number at (646) 661-1886 or email your questions to email@example.com.