At The Finest Federal Credit Union, we’ve got you covered if you have an overdraft. An overdraft occurs if you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a transaction; we pay it anyway. We can cover overdrafts in two different ways.
Our Overdraft Protection
- We have standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Pay) that come with your account.
- We also offer Overdraft Protection Plans, such as a line of credit or a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
The notice below explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Pay) that come with my account?
We authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize
and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if you pay my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $25 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want you to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (646)
661-1886, or complete the form below and submit it. You can also fill out and print the form below the present it at a branch or mail it to: 215 Park Row, Suite 2, New York, NY 10038.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time by contacting us at the above addresses/phone number(s).